Some program let you reset your administrator password such as ERD Commander, but you have to pay for it. With Windows XP cd lets you reset your administrator for free. See how to do below.
1. Boot from Windows XP cd
2. Until you see Welcome to Setup screen, press Enter to setup Windows
3. The Licensing Agreement screen is shown, press F8 to accept
4. Then you will see an option for repairing you should select your XP installation and press R to repare
5. Don’t do anything and wait until finishing copying files from the cd for installation and windows will restart automatically and Windows is installing.
6. Looking at the lower left side of the screen until you see Installing Devices progress bar, press Shift + F10
7. A prompt is coming up, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter to access your account in Control Panel.
8. It let you change or remove password as you like.
9. Keep installing process…
Source : http://timboeun.wordpress.com/